Covid-19 Update – Capilano River RV Park
May 27 th 2020
COVID 19 has drastically changed our communities and everyday lives. A health crisis like this has taken a terrible toll on humanity and we are saddened by the loss of loved ones so many have experienced. Unlike many campgrounds we closed our facility to new arrivals to ensure our team members and guests were kept as safe as possible. With the easing of restrictions by the province now beginning we are advising our customers and staff that Capilano River RV Park will be carefully re-opening to arrivals on Monday June 1 st 2020.
Our number 1 priority is the safety of our staff and customers so the reopening will be happening while following recommendations from the Province of British Columbia and the British Columbia Lodging and Campground Association. Some of the measures we are taking include:
- Limiting the number of people able to access campground facilities at one time such as washrooms, office, lounge and laundry rooms.
- Sneeze guards in place for protection of office workers.
- Screening of incoming guests for COVID 19 symptoms.
- Signage in place frequently throughout the campground reminding guests of park safety procedures and best practices.
- Hand sanitizer placed frequently throughout park.
- Hand washing stations stocked with appropriate supplies.
- Frequent cleaning (with disinfectant) of all public facilities including all touchpoints.
- North washrooms to remain closed at this time.
- Customers are asked to use the washrooms within their units unless absolutely necessary not to.
- Social distancing will be taken into consideration when assigning RV sites.
- Tenting sites will not be open at this time.
- Units without washrooms will not be accepted at this time.
- Limiting access to the campground to registered guests, mandatory employees, and subcontractors.
- Office hours will be extended from 10am-6pm.
- Pool and Hot Tub to remain closed.
- Furniture is being removed from the lounge to discourage gatherings.
Please ensure you are following our protocols for the safety and security of us all while on our grounds. We appreciate everybody’s efforts in keeping our campground safe and thank you for your patronage.